Saturday, October 18, 2008

If I Had A Million Dollars...

Erin tagged me and asked what I would do if I had a million dollars. I have decided to forgo all the traditional responses like pay off debt or help family or build savings. In this post, with this imaginary million dollars, I'm going SHOPPING! I'm going to shop slowly over the next few days and post each day with the new things I'm going to buy.

First order of business would be to build a house. Okay, I know it's not exactly shopping, but it falls in the same fantasy realm for me. So anyway, here's the house I want to build.


Eli hates it. Says it's too big and needs to be two floors. I don't care. If I could, I'd build it. Only thing I would do is extend the 'porch' on the back of the house and make it a big deck with French doors leading from the master bedroom. Isn't it great? I'll of course be using all the finest in materials - stainless steel appliances, induction stove, granite, expensive tile, beautiful hardwood floors - you name it.
Total so far = about $100,000 including cost of a nice big plot of land in Tennessee (we're building it ourselves)

Now that I have a house, I need things to go in it. So I'm going house shopping! I'm starting with our bed. We desperately need a new one. So I'm buying this - my dream bed. A Sleep Number 9000!

While I'm buying beds, Brayden needs a new big boy bed. I'm thinking this one.

How awesome is that?! It has three beds! I see sleepovers where no-one has to sleep on the floor.
Total so far = $106,989.97 (in my million-dollar-fantasy world, tax and shipping don't exist)

That's all for tonight. I'm sleepy. Check back tomorrow for installment two!

1 comments:

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Girl go go go! I love everything you are buying. Buy more okay :)

Erin