Monday, October 20, 2008

If I Had A Million Dollars... Part 2

Tonight I'm being romantic in my thinking. I have always lamented that I never had the chance to have a wedding. I was very sad that things were such at the time I got married that I didn't feel that a wedding was a possibility for me. I have always thought that I'd one day renew my vows and have the wedding I've dreamed of (and still do). Every woman deserves to have a wedding!

So here's my dream wedding. I want to get married at Bellingrath gardens. It's just so beautiful! I want to have my dress custom made. I'd use this dress as a starting point.



Isn't the back positively beautiful! I love the way the train spreads from the split back and how the lace overlay is longer than the fabric. I'd have the bust made differently. Maybe a sweetheart neckline with tiny cap sleeves. And I'd wear a mantilla veil with it. I really like this one. Not too much embroidery and I'd wear it closer to my face and not just attached to my hair.



I wouldn't do a big reception. Instead I'd take the wedding party and close family and friends out to dinner at a five-star restaurant like the Pillars or Beinville Club. And my 'wedding cake' would be five tiers of these chocolate-covered strawberries! (Have I ever told you how I ADORE chocolate-covered strawberries? Well, I DO!)



That's it really. I don't want much. Well, except my engagement ring! My engagement ring will be a simple gold band with white gold Tiffany-style settings. It will hold a beautiful 2 ct round sapphire flanked by two 1 ct flawless round white diamonds. Similiar to this ring.



Total so far = $156,989.97 (about $15,000 on the wedding and $35,000 on the ring)

To continue my non-shopping shopping :), I want to go to Europe! I want to take six months and tour all over. I want to re-visit Ireland and actually get to see more of it than just from the inside of a bus. I want to see the Blarney Stone and the Dennis Tavern. I want to go to Italy! I want to see the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican and Pompeii and Venice! I want to go to France and visit the Louvre and the Eiffle Tower. I want to go to Spain and Germany and Switzerland and Israel and Jerusalem (okay, not exactly Europe) and so many other places! (I guess we'll go to Japan, too for Eli's sake :))

Total so far = $206,989.97 (I'm traveling in style!)

Well, that's all for tonight. There's actual shopping! to be done tomorrow. Clothes! Toys! Home decor! Come back and see.

0 comments: