Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I haven't posted in nearly a month and there's so much I've wanted to catch you all up on. I have lots of pictures to share, but they will have to wait until tomorrow when I have the time and energy to get them all off my camera. In the mean time, here's some cute things that have been happening around here.

We're currently having "I don't want to go to sleep" evenings. It's mostly separation anxiety that started shortly after I went to work at nights. I can spend an hour sitting on the edge of his bed and he will fight valiantly to not close his (very sleepy and very heavy) eyes. Daddy is having to go in after me to make sure bedtime is final. In fact, as I write this, Mommy is trying to do it on her own. I put him down and snuggled for a minute and then left. It was only a matter of minutes before I heard little baby noises. He had come out of his room and was trying to crawl across the living room floor, thinking I wouldn't see him from the sun room. When I spotted him and started walking his way, he put his little hands over his eyes and put his head on the ground like he was hiding! It was too damned adorable. He even kept trying to "hide" as I carried him back to bed.

He's gotten more vocal lately. Not so much actual words as noises, but it's progress. His new thing is to spin in circles shouting 'round and round and round'. He also runs around the room like a crazy man giggling and shouting nonsensical things. He's so funny! He makes me laugh so much.

We went to the Eastern Shore Center (think outdoor mall) and walked around with a new friend of mine and her daughter. They have music playing all around and Brayden kept stopping in front of speakers hidden in the bushes and dancing. Oh how I wish I could post video of him dancing! It's too too funny. He really loves to dance. He gets into it, too. He's all bouncing and kicking his feet up and waving his arms around. And you can't help but join in. I was laughing so hard at him I was crying.

We've joined a mommy and me group and have all sorts of great playdates lined up this month. We're really excited! I think he'll really enjoy getting around other kids for a change. And I know I'll enjoy the mommy company!

I know there's so much more I want to share but it's late and I can't remember. I'll post more tomorrow. Good night!

0 comments: