Monday, January 14, 2008

So, fun stuff happening over here. First off, I've decided to take care of my friend Christy's two kids during the day. She just moved back to Mobile and is still looking for a job. But once she starts work, I'll have her 4-year-old Andrew and her 20-month-old Ginger most days. She said she couldn't afford to pay a day care, but she could afford a babysitter, and I'm only too happy to help out. They're really sweet kids and it will be really good for Brayden to start learning to be around other little ones. Which means I have to finish the nursery so I have a playroom for them. You can tell how upset I am that I finally have a reason to get my nursery finished NOW! It's about time and I'm really excited.

Oh, and Clint got Brayden carpet for his room! Yay! The carpet in there now is this horrid maroon, tight weave, office carpet. And it hasn't been replaced in forever. And the last tenant had dogs, which I understand she let go to the potty inside on the carpet. Totally gross! And I can tell you for sure that my landlord did not have the carpets cleaned. So, anyway, Clint's working on a job painting a room for some [wealthy] people. They put new carpet in he room he's painting and they said Clint could have the old carpet. It's beautiful! It's a soft green and it's nice and plush. And it was just made in March of last year, so it still looks brand new! I'm really excited that he'll have nice carpet to crawl around and play on.

I've started myself a neat little project. I read all these baby magazines each month and I always see some neat product or a cool craft idea or just a really great article I want to hold on to. So I've been saving all the magazines to reference. But I read 3 a month, times the last 18 months, and my stack of magazines is rather big. Not to mention I have no idea what is in each that I might want to see again. So, thus my project. I'm going back through each magazine and cutting out anything I want to keep and I'm putting the pages in a binder in those clear page protectors. And I've organized the binder into different sections. So now I have a nifty little reference guide and I'll clear up that floor space in my little storage area. When I get finished, I'll post pictures. It's really very neat.

Eli had drill this past weekend. We were really excited that he was nearing the end of his commitment to the Air Force. His unit has gotten so bad that he just hates to have to go anymore. He swore in in May of 2004, so this May will mark his four year anniversary and mean his status would change to inactive reserve meaning he would no longer have to go one weekend a month and two weeks a year. If he had signed a four-year contract like we thought. Unfortunately he found out yesterday that he signed a six-year contract. He is devastated. He was so close to the end and now he's looking down two more years of misery. I feel so bad for him. It wouldn't be so bad if his NCOIC hadn't transferred into another AFSC and left TSgt Parker to become the new NCOIC. Parker doesn't think very highly of Eli. And on top of that, Parker and Eli are the only 2E2s in the unit. Which makes Eli second NCO in command by default even though he's only a Sr Airman. Which means he will likely have to go through NCO training sometime in the next year. It all just kind of bites monkey butt.

Well, anyway, I need to go do the dishes and laundry, of which I have a massive pile (laundry, not dishes).

~Liz

1 comments:

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Liz I am enjoying reading your blog updates. Tell Eli I am very sorry to hear about this additional two years. I pray it goes by quickly.

I love all of you,
Erin