Saturday, January 12, 2008

I *heart* my Swiffer!

So this was one of my Christmas presents from my Mom. I love it!



I loathe using a broom. I can just see it sending up dirt and dust into the air to land back on my clean floor. And vacuuming hard floors just doesn't get up the fine grit that later gets my feet dirty. Enter the Sweep & Vac. I love it! (Have I said that yet?) It's great at getting up small pieces of things and leaves my floors feeling all nice and clean. And I love that it can get under furniture where the vacuum can't reach. This is my next purchase for myself.



In the mean time, I bought myself this.



The Libman Wonder Mop! I hate traditional mops. After a few uses the threads look so nasty I figure I'm putting as much dirt onto the floor as I'm mopping up. You just can't clean them well. At least this one I can toss in the washing machine every so often.

So, on another note, (and be prepared to laugh at me...it's okay) I've created a Mommy star chart. You know, like the ones you use on preschoolers and young kids to reward them for doing chores and stuff. Yeah, Eli laughed, too. You see, I'm terrible about keeping the baby on a schedule and keeping the house clean like I should. So I created a weekly schedule for myself. And every day I stay on schedule, I either get one or two stars depending on how well I did. And after so many stars I get to go buy myself something small. I like that it's going to give me an excuse to start pampering myself a little.

Well, I'm sure I have more to share, but I need to go tackle the dishes and some laundry. Love you all!

~Liz

2 comments:

Tracy said...

now you need to take a pic of your chart so we can see how you are doing
you are toooooo funny

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

I did not laugh when I read about the Mommy star chart. I did something very similar when it was just Helen and I. It's hard to be a SAHM. You are doing a terrific job...keep up the good work!

Love y'all,
Erin