Thursday, January 24, 2008

Romantic Getaways

Eli and I have decided to take a mini romantic getaway. Note that this is the first time we've ever done anything romantic like this in the nearly four years we have known each other. It's actually kind of sad that we haven't. But now is the perfect time. Brayden is very nearly at a stage where I can feel comfortable leaving him for a night and knowing he won't feel abandoned and our tax return is coming in soon, so this will be the only time we'll have the financial resources to do something for ourselves. I actually got the idea from Erin's blog. She got a comment from a lady who runs a b&b in Virginia, and that got me thinking. So I went online and found a charming historic little bed & breakfast nearby. So we'll drop little man at my mother's one Saturday afternoon in a few weeks and go out for the evening and spend the night at this little b&b. Then we'll spend the next morning lazing around and then head out to do something together until we have to go get Brayden. I'm really excited! The house is absolutely beautiful and it's not terribly expensive. We may actually make a thing of it every few months. Here's a link to the site. Kate Shepherd Bed & Breasfast

0 comments: