Tuesday, January 6, 2009

50 Things About Me...1-25

I'm bored and I got a really neat idea from another mini-blog, so here's my list of 50 random things about me.

1. I can't sleep with the closet door open. It MUST be shut. I can't sleep with the bedroom door open more than a few inches, either. I can 'hear' if it's open too far and I'll get up to push it to.

2. I also CANNOT go to sleep if the sheet and blanket are not PRECISELY even and the sheet smooth under the blanket. Eli, after four years of marriage, has just now stopped complaining about this quirk. (Well, at least not every night.)

3. I hate my chin. I always have. It's the only part of me that I truly hate.

4. I can't have more jelly than peanut butter on my sandwich. Too gooey and sweet.

5. I have an extra toenail on each of my pinky toes. It's really more of a calcium deposit. But it's hereditary - my Mom and sister have it, too.

6. I can do a great Elvis lip. On both sides, even.

7. I cannot roller skate.

8. I also cannot whistle. Eli swears it's just a lack of know-how...but watch him try to teach me someday. It's funny.

9. I cannot stand to have mucus, dried or otherwise, in my nose. And if that means I have to pick my nose in public to make it so, well, so be it.

10. I have a tick in my throat when I'm upset or frustrated or if my OCD's going crazy.

11. I have no imagination. None. It's really quite sad. When I was little, I would pull my Barbies out, dress them, do their hair, and then that was it. They went back in the box for another day. No house, no make-believe, nothing.

12. I obsessively envision the worst thing that could possibly happen at any given moment. Even random things that don't really relate to what I am doing at the time.

13. I hate the movie E.T. I mean hate. As in loathe and despise. (Thank heaven I married someone who feels the same way!)

14. Ballet still makes my heart sing and I would give anything to be able to go back to it, yet I know I never will.

15. I have a complete inability to get over things in my past that made me feel small or stupid. And I relive them constantly - every day.

16. I would rather cook than clean.

17. I love to knit. Really love. I have SO MANY projects lined up.

18. I'm ready for another baby.

19. My favorite color is blue. Followed by purple and green. Then pink. Red, orange, and yellow all pretty lump together in the bottom.

20. When I sneeze, people down the street can hear me.

21. I hate my legs. I refuse to wear shorts or skirts without pantyhose.

22. I love to dress well. I would every day if I had the wardrobe for it. Tailored pants, skirts, well made sweaters, beautiful shoes...*sigh*

23. I can't sleep at night without Eli next to me.

24. There is nothing I love more than when I rock Brayden and read to him until he falls asleep in my arms. I'll probably do this right up until I'm too pregnant for him to sit on my lap.

25. I love to sit and watch the snow fall.

0 comments: