Friday, May 23, 2008

Hodge Podge

I just got back from Decatur this evening. My Grandmother and I went up to see my favorite cousin, Tyler, graduate high school. Tyler and I have been like best friends ever since he was little. (Technically, I was little, too.) It was a nice graduation, and of course he graduated with honors. He's headed to Southern Miss next year to major in Jazz Studies with the intent to teach in college. He got a full Presidential Scholarship! I'm just so proud of him and who he has become. I love him to death. He's my Exit Buddy! (Ask me for that story some time.)

Last Monday I did my first offical photo shoot. It was an engagement shoot for my best guy friend, Jeb, and his new fiancée, Brittany. They are just so cute together I couldn't help but get great shots. I finally got a card reader that works and just finished reading up on Photoshop techniques (to compensate for my photography faux pas seeing as I was extremely nervous), so I can start editing tomorrow. I'll post a preview in a couple days for all to see. It was really funny when I got the card reader home and downloaded all my pictures onto the Mac (that my fantastic FIL gave me to use! Thank you!). Apparently the hard drive on it is really small (think 4GB small), and with all the pictures on it, I only had 44.4MB of free space! I could barely make anything function with so little space. So I just ordered myself a 160GB external hard drive along with a 4GB memory card for the camera since I ran out of space on the last shot Monday.

Poor little man is sick again. I don't know what it is yet, but he's been running a fever off and on for a few days and today on the drive home he vomitted. I felt so bad for him. He was screaming and crying (he always gets really upset when he vomits. I think it's kind of traumatic or him) and it was a full 10 minutes before we got to the gas station and I could get him out of the seat and comfort him and get him cleaned up. It's a good thing my car seat needed cleaning anyway, cause now it's just gross. Fortunately (TMI coming up) it was mainly chunky and not so much wet. Actually, I don't thing there was any realy wet to speak of.

Anyway, onto a new subject...I think that's about it. I'm going to go knit a few rows on the afghan I'm making for my MIL (so going to have to be a Christmas present...maybe even next year's Christmas present!) and get some much needed rest. Love you all!

~Liz

0 comments: