Monday, April 21, 2008

A Step Up in the World

Eli called me with good news today. He got a little promotion. It's not really a promotion so much as a step up. Since he started, he's been working in the yard, which is the bottom of the totem pole. There are two off-site locations, one is in the mall, and one is an old K-Mart building they call the EDC (I think). Anyway, Eli got moved out of the yard and into the EDC. It shows that they trust him enough to not feel the need to watch over him all the time. He'll keep his cubical in Krebs with all the other IT personnel, but he'll also have a office at the EDC building. I'm really proud of him!

Eli and I went to the ballet Sunday. They did Carnival of the Dance. It was really cute. It was geared toward little kids. Before they got into the Carnival, they did the shade (spirit) scene from La Bayadère and the Puss in Boots and White Cat pas de deux from Sleeping Beauty. The Sleeping Beauty pas de deux was as cute as I remember, but I was sorely dissappointed in the shade scene. The dance itself is such a beautiful and elegant expression that's all about the graceful lines of the arabesque and the cambré. But the dancers simply didn't have the control necessary. It looked sloppy and uncoordinated. The Carnival I have never seen before, but it was extremely cute. Full of bright colors and animals.

So, on another note, Brayden is picking up more of the sign language I've been really working on in the last week or two. Just this afternoon, Brayden wanted down out of his booster seat. Normally he hits the table and yells. And every time I ask him what he wants? And I say ALL DONE, DOWN and sign it. And then I take his hands and make him sign it. Well today, I asked if he wanted ALL DONE, DOWN, and as I was reaching for his hands, he signed it himself! I'm really very excited. I'd rather hear him speak, but if I can get him to communicate with his hands instead of yelling, I'll take it for now.

I know there was something else I wanted to say. In fact, it was the reason I got online to post, but I can't remember. Mommy brain and all that. If I remember, I'll come back later.

~Liz

1 comments:

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Tell him I said congrats on the promotion :)

Erin