Monday, October 29, 2007

Hotglue and Handsaws

Lots happening around here. I've finished my Halloween centerpiece for my dining room table. I got the idea from Parents magazine and they were a lot of fun to make. Here's a pic.



Aren't they too cute! And I love that they'll last longer than a carved pumpkin.

I've also been working on the nursery. I've been sitting around and waiting for the men to get it done. I'm old-fashioned in that I feel like anything that involves tools is a man's job. Well, it's been four months and I'm finally fed up with waiting. So I even though I've never done anything like this, grabbed my tape measure and my pencil and my saw and I rolled up my sleeves and I started cutting chair rail. The walls measure roughly 30 feet and I ordered 32 feet of chair rail. Everyone said I didn't have enough. That I needed EIGHT extra feet. That I would have to place an order and pay $25 for eight more feet. Well, I'd like you all to know that I cut all my chair rail and it fits perfectly and I had OVER A FOOT left over! I am all that is über! I rock! I am a carpentry god! (Can you tell I'm really proud of myself?) So here's pics of my chair rail, waiting to be hung.





I'll have this baby his own room by the weekend!

0 comments: