Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hoof and Mouth Disease?

So, we're a bunch of pathetic people around here. After much going back and forth (is it strep? an allergic reaction to amoxicillin?) we now know that Brayden has Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. (Not hoof and mouth disease like my brother asked.) And guess what? I've caught it. And it's miserable. I know why the ped thought it was strep. I looked in my mouth and it's scary. I have little sores and blisters all over the place. No wonder little man had trouble sleeping. At least he's acting like he feels better. They're keeping him on the amoxil just in case, but he's smiling and playful again. Just in time for me to feel miserable. I spent all day yesterday on the couch sleeping. I just kept putting in movies for Brayden. Around 5 he finally demanded company, so I went to my mother's and let my brother and sister play with him while I curled up on their couch. The worst part of this is the headache. It's debilitating and it won't go away. Motrin will keep it down for a while, but it insists on coming back. We're just all sick and pathetic around here. I talked to my sister-in-law this morning and their whole house is sick, too. Anyway, I'm going to lay back down. I promise I'll post something more interesting next time.

1 comments:

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Yep, pretty much sucks to be sick Liz. I'm sorry :)

Hugs!
-Erin