Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sneak Peek

I know I haven't posted any pictures of the house yet. I've just been so busy that nothing's really been ready to take pictures of. My house is still not all set up. I've been working on restoring over 200 old photos, knitting Christmas gifts, tending to a very needy toddler, unpacking, keeping up with the everyday messes (and Eli and Brayden can make some messes!), making Christmas ornaments and folding origami and stringing popcorn and cranberries...you get the idea. Anyway, I've set my mind to just finishing the house this week. I worked hard yesterday and today with the result that many things are now organized and put into storage and one whole room is finished. Well, as finished as I can make it. This is the den. It's to the left as you walk in the front door. It is a no baby zone. Eli and I decided that after going crazy in the last house, we need a room just to ourselves. At some point, I'm going to buy a slipcover for the sofa. Where the crafts are now is where I'm going to put two 6 foot bookshelves for our monstrous collection of books. And on the other side of the TV I'm going to put a narrow bookshelf for movies. Under the TV I'm going to organize my yarn stash. On a side note, the TV in the den will be the only one in the house. As it is, I am adamant that TVs do NOT belong in bedrooms, but this is taking it a step further. I have, in the past, let Brayden watch far too much TV. Now he's only allowed to watch perhaps one show or a movie a couple times a week if I need a little reprieve. Other than that, it's free play and crafts and other non-mindless activities. Anyway, now that I'm off my little soapbox... As I put more rooms together, I'll take pictures and post them. By the way, the last two pictures are of the ceiling. The owners did a wonderful job on all the ceilings. Each one is done differently. They are neat and one of my favorite parts of the house.







1 comments:

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Wow that room is huge and I love the fireplace and crown molding. It's good to have a room to yourselves. Show us the rest of the house when you can!

Erin