Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas...

...around here. I finally have all of my holiday shopping done (well, short of one present for Brayden, but that's it). And I just finished wrapping all the presents I have here at the house. I still have a couple that won't be delivered until Christmas eve. I was forced to order them since none of the stores had them in stock. Wouldn't you know it, I went out last night and they were all in stock again. So I hate that I'm paying shipping for things that I could go buy right now, but oh well. I wanted to make sure he got them. He's getting a ton of stuff. Well, a ton of stuff by our standards considering he hasn't had new toys since the few he got on his birthday, and before that, none since last Christmas. So I'm really excited to be able to get him some new things. He has been getting so frustrated around here lately. He's played with all his toys so much he's just downright bored with them. Well, he won't be bored for many months now, at least. I am amazed at how hard it is for Santa to find stocking stuffers for a toddler. I mean, I can't just fill it up with candy (although I...I mean Santa...will be supplementing with candy...I figure Mom & Dad can eat it :) ). But I managed to find several little things that should do the trick. I wish I had more money to spend on family. We only spent money on the kids. I spent time on the adults' presents. Everyone's getting the same thing and I hope they like it. Well, Brayden and I are headed out to return some things. I overspent and bought some stuff I didn't need, so it's all going back today. After that I'm putting up my tree! Yes, I'm just now putting up a tree. But I figured I'd rather have it up longer on the back end of the holiday than put it up too soon and go crazy trying to keep Brayden away from it before Christmas. That and buying late in the season means a huge discount on the price of the tree!

0 comments: